Search Institution Inmates
- An ongoing project.
- Records transcribed with the permission of the Cornwall Record Office
- The date and year stated is that of admission.
- Abbrieviations in the registers include those referring to the Court Sessions in which conviction took place. They were Epiphany, Easter, Midsummer and Michaelmas
- C or RC is likely to refer to the person's religion and Imp. to an imperfect ability to read and/or write
- Records for Bodmin, County Lunatic Asylum contain year gaps
- The wildcard (%) is applied by default to the right hand side of some search terms. To obtain more results, keep your search terms to a minimum e.g. to find all variations for Stephen, search for 'St' in the forename field.